jueves, 18 de octubre de 2007

Nobel Clan Destino

Nobel Clan DestinoBeing a sucker for independent designers, I decided to check out a traveling showcase of independent designers that was showing somewhere in Chueca, thanks to a tip from Le Cool. Nobel Clan Destino aims to foster the talent of little-known designers and the distribution of unique and exclusive handmade goods. Herein lies the allure; I always relish it when people ask me where I obtained such and such an item. How consumption (momentarily) boosts the ego!, I thought to myself as I walked up Fuencarral. I nevertheless justified it as supporting the local design community.

I was, as is always the case when I walk into any kind of public establishment, hesitant and timid, not knowing what to expect in terms of reception and service. Three women were embroiled in conversation, though I managed to throw in a quick Hola, as I tried to move stealthily to peruse the clothes on a nearby rack. Especially taken by Julieta Alvarez's simple yet playful pieces, I ended up fondling a few before I ended up getting one for a friend.

In the end, I'm quite satisfied with my purchase, and I think said friend will be as well. I know where my money went, and at least it was well spent.


Nobel Clan Destino will be in the Espacio Travesia (Travesia de San Mateo, 8; M: Tribunal) until Saturday, 20.October.

No hay comentarios: